Chef – Heanor Park Care Home
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Chef at Ashmere Derbyshire Ltd’s brand new home Heanor Park. The home is due to open in November and we are now looking to put our team together.
Heanor Park will be a 60 bedded Residential home consisting of residential rooms, dementia households and serviced apartments. Situated overlooking Heanor Memorial Park, it is easily accessible from both Ripley and Codnor areas as well as the Nottingham and Erewash districts.
In order to be successful in the role of Chef it will require you to:
- Management of the kitchen team
- Development and improvement of menus and the food service offered with the home
- Consistently produce high quality home cooked meals for your residents on a daily basis.
- Be creative with baking cakes and pastries
- Undertake general kitchen duties such as maintaining a high standard of cleanliness within your workplace
- Preparing all food items to order, following standard recipes and maintaining exceptional standards.
- Ensuring all cooked and raw food products and assigned items are within health, safety and hygiene standards.
- Ensure on a daily basis all labels of food items adhere to food safety and shelf-life standards.
- Order food on a monthly basis ensuring stocks are kept up to date
- Prepare and serve meals in different ways for example pureed and fork mashed.
The calibre of Chef we are looking for will have the following attributes:
- Have previous experience within a kitchen/catering role in a senior role – ideally within a care home environment (however this isn’t necessary)
- Must have Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate or be working towards
- Have a positive attitude and be reliable
- Flexible to work weekends
- The willingness and ability to go above and beyond for the home and residents
Ashmere offer the following benefits to all employees:
- Free onsite parking
- Week’s paid induction for all new starters
- Ashmere pay for all new starters DBS’
- Ongoing training throughout your employment
- Free Uniform for all staff
If you believe that this is the job for you then please apply now or call Carrie or Whitney (HR) on 01773 571535 for further information.
Download Application Form