Clinical Lead – Valley Lodge – Full Time
Valley Lodge Nursing Home is located in Darley Dale, close to Matlock and Chesterfield. The home is accessible by a local bus service and is located on Bakewell Road. The home accommodates a maximum of 63 residents; consisting of a 12 bedded dementia unit and the main part of the home having nursing, residential and dementia residents. We have activities throughout the week engaging residents and continually improving the quality of care we provide.
We have an outstanding reputation within the organisation and the local community, as well as achieving Investors in People. We are dedicated to our staff and residents’ ensuring a high quality of care is delivered at all times.
This is a full-time position working predominantly days, supporting our new and vastly experienced Home Manager to oversee Nurses and residents and ensure that the highest level of care is being provided on a day to day basis.
The Role for the Clinical Lead Nurse:
• Oversee clinical aspects of the Home e.g. Ensuring that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
• Ensure compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and all appropriate National and Local legislation/guidance for the home.
• Provide support to the Home Manager and Deputise in the Managers absence.
• Provide leadership within the clinical team and lead by example.
• Lead a staff team and identify training needs and audits / evaluate clinical procedures within the home.
• Conduct supervisions and deal with staff issues
• Be a supportive mentor to the wider team in regards to up skilling non clinical staff and supporting new members of the team.
• Provide a caring and emotionally supportive environment and culture, in which residents can live and grow, achieving as much individuality and freedom as their limitations will allow and are able to share in decisions, which affect their lives.
• The successful candidate will be a qualified Nurse (RN or RMN or RMHN / RNLD Mentorship in Professional Practice or equivalent) who has a proven track record.
• Will hold Minimum of 2 year post registration experience in elderly care.
• Will have Management experience
• Strong Communication and Leadership Skills.
• Ability to plan and organise.
• Ability to work in accordance with Society’s policies and procedures.
• Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external agencies.
• Knowledge of multidisciplinary working.
• Good IT Skills – Word / Excel / outlook to carry out duties.
• Well motivated with a desire to work with people with a range of medical and social support needs.
Applicants must hold a valid NMC pin and be eligible to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship. For more information or to apply please contact Carrie (HR) on 01773 571535.
The company provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, overtime, contributory pension scheme, a bespoke development programme with potential for career progression and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you would like to become the Clinical Nurse Lead and be a part of a vibrant, dedicated team please apply now!Download Application Form