Dementia Household Lead – Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Dementia Support Workers at Ashmere Derbyshire Ltd’s brand new home Heanor Park. The home is due to open in November 2019 and we are now looking to put our team together.
Successful applications will be required to attend a week’s paid induction starting on 21st October 2019 (a later induction date may also be available).
Heanor Park will be a 60 bedded Residential home consisting of residential rooms, dementia households and serviced apartments. Situated overlooking Heanor Memorial Park, it is easily accessible from both Ripley and Codnor areas as well as the Erewash district.
- Production of staff rota’s and conducting staff supervisions
- Supporting and overseeing the care plans for residents
- Ordering and booking in of medication
- Completing audits and discussing outcomes with the Home Manager
- Referrals and communication with CPN and Mental Health Services
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all residents, staff and visitors to the home.
- Taking part in activities that are occurring throughout the home as and when required.
- Show compassion towards our residents and ensure their needs are met at all times.
- When required assist residents to external appointments.
- Assist with personal care and at meal times as required.
- Liaising and communicating with family members where required.
The calibre of Dementia Unit Lead we are looking for will have the following attributes:
- Have a kind and caring nature putting the needs of residents at the front of your mind
- Have 2 years experience of working in Dementia Care
- The willingness and ability to go above and beyond for the home and residents
- Have a positive attitude and be reliable
- Ability to see all residents behaviour as a form of communication and be able to demonstrate empathy
- Health and Social Care Qualification is desirable however not necessary as we provide access to training
Ashmere offer the following benefits to Heanor Park employees:
- Free onsite parking
- Week’s paid induction for all new starters
- Ashmere pay for all new starters DBS’
- Ongoing training throughout your employment
- Free Uniform for all staff
- Ashmere Dementia Training Programme
- CarePlan and Administration of Medication Training
Is this the new challenge that you have been looking for? Then please apply now or call Carrie (HR) on 01773 571535 for further information.
Download Application Form