Dementia Support Worker – Full Time or Part Time Hours Considered
Valley Lodge Nursing Home is located in Darley Dale, close to Matlock and Chesterfield. The home is accessible by a local bus service and is located on Bakewell Road. The home accommodates a maximum of 63 residents; consisting of a 12 bedded dementia unit and the main part of the home having nursing, residential and dementia residents.
We have an outstanding reputation within the care home community as well as in the local community, as well as achieving Investors in People. We are dedicated to our staff and residents’ ensuring a high quality of care is delivered at all times.
In order to be successful in the role of a Dementia Support Worker we will require you to be able to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all residents, staff and visitors to the home.
- Taking part in activities that are occurring throughout the home as and when required.
- Show compassion towards our residents and ensure their needs are met at all times.
- When required assist residents to external appointments.
- Assist with personal care and at meal times as required.
- Continually work as part of a team
The calibre of Dementia Support Worker we are looking for will have the following attributes:
- Have a kind and caring nature putting the needs of residents at the front of your mind
- The willingness and ability to go above and beyond for the home and residents
- Have a positive attitude and be reliable
- Ability to see all residents behaviour as a form of communication and be able to demonstrate empathy
- Health and Social Care Qualification is desirable however not necessary as we provide access to training
Ashmere offer the following benefits to Valley Lodge employees:
- Free onsite parking
- Week’s paid induction for all new starters
- Ashmere pay for all new starters DBS’
- Ongoing training throughout your employment
- Free Uniform for all staff
- Progression opportunities throughout the organisation
- Ashmere Dementia Training Programme
- CarePlan and Administration of Medication Training
- £1.00 attendance bonus – dependent on absence record
Is this the new challenge that you have been looking for? Then please apply now or call Carrie (HR) on 01773 571535 for further
Download Application Form