Cook/Kitchen Assistant – Part Time
We are currently looking a part time Cook/Kitchen Assistant to work 3 days a week preparing meals for our residents at Smalley Hall Care Home. The working hours will be 7am – 6pm.
We have an outstanding reputation within the organisation and the local community, as well as achieving Investors in People. We are dedicated to our staff and residents’ ensuring a high quality of care is delivered at all times.
In order to be successful in the role of a Cook/Kitchen Assistant it will require you to:
- Consistently produce high quality home cooked meals for your residents on a daily basis.
- Be creative with baking cakes and pastries
- Undertake general kitchen duties such as maintaining a high standard of cleanliness within your workplace
- Order food on a monthly basis ensuring stocks are kept up to date
- Prepare and serve meals in different ways for example pureed and fork mashed.
The calibre of Cook/Kitchen Assistant we are looking for will have the following attributes:
- Have previous experience within a kitchen/catering role – ideally within a care home environment (however this isn’t necessary)
- Must have Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate or be working towards
- Have a positive attitude and be reliable
- The willingness and ability to go above and beyond for the home and residents
Ashmere offer the following benefits to all employees:
- Free onsite parking
- Week’s paid induction for all new starters
- Ashmere pay for all new starters DBS’
- Ongoing training throughout your employment
- Free Uniform for all staff
If you believe that this is the job for you then please apply now or call Carrie Loakes (HR) on 01773 571 535 for further information.
Download Application Form